While Person of Interest won’t be back until midseason with their fifth season, most of the cast and some of the creative team attended New York Comic-Con over the weekend. Shortly before hitting the NYCC stage, I participated in a group interview with Jim Caviezel (John Reese) and executive producer Greg Plageman.
During the interview they talked about the upcoming season, how it starts seconds after the fourth season ended, the way Comic-Con always reminds them how big their international fanbase is, the perception of what a CBS episode is and how they’re not that, what the return of Sarah Shahi’s character Sameen Shaw means to the team, and a lot more. Check out what they had to say below and look for more Person of Interest interviews soon.
Jim Caviezel and Greg Plageman:
- What can they say about the upcoming season? The season starts seconds after the last season ended.
- The challenges of making a TV show.
- Caviezel talks about how his character John Reese needs to help Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) in building back up his spirits and the machine.
- How they don’t know if this is the final season.
- How coming to Comic-Con always reminds them how big their international fanbase is. And how a number of shows are ripping them off.
- The perception of what a CBS episode is and how they’re not that.
- How POI just got a streaming option.
- What does the return of Sarah Shahi’s character mean to the team?