21 Jump Street is going to surprise you. Not only is it one of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a long time, it’s got some great action and awesome performances from all involved. If you had told me that the pairing of Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum would be comedy gold, I would have never believed you. But it is. Also, another big surprise was Ice Cube. I’ve seen the film twice and both times he brings the house down with his almost everything he says. Trust me, you want to see 21 Jump Street and I’d advise seeing it with a crowded theater. It’s a blast. For more on the film, here’s Matt’s glowing review, Brendan’s set visit, a five-minute red band clip, and all our coverage on directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller‘s awesome movie.
Last week I got to speak with Lord and Miller in New York City about their movie. During the interview we talked about how everyone loves the film, when they first knew that Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum would be so good together, deleted scenes, extended cuts, what will be on the Blu-ray (20 deleted scenes and 45 minutes of jokes!) what’s up with their Lego movie, and their favorite movies, actors and directors. Hit the jump for more.
Finally, if you missed my video interview with Ice Cube, click here.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller
- What has it been like to have such positive buzz for their film
- What are some of their favorite directors, actors and movies. Look for someone comparing Pee Wee’s Big Adventure to Taken…
- When did they first know that Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum would be so good together
- Deleted scenes talk. Phil says the first cut of the movie was 3 hrs long
- For the eventual Blu-ray/DVD release they say they’ve got 20 deleted scenes and about 45 minutes of “jokes,” but it’s not an extended cut.
- What’s up with the Lego movie