A few release date announcements and shifts for 20th Century Fox films have been made today via Box Office Mojo. Briefly:
- 20th Century Fox will release the untitled Planet of the Apes sequel on July 29, 2016. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves returns to take the helm.
- Fox’s Poltergeist reboot will open on February 13, 2015, where it will square off opposite Fifty Shades of Grey. Directed by Gil Kenan (Monster House), the horror redo stars Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt.
- In lieu of the Fifty Shades competition, Fox has moved the Nicholas Sparks adaptation The Longest Ride from February 13, 2015 to April 3, 2015 where it will open against Insidious 3 and the sci-fi pic Passengers.
- The buddy comedy Let’s Be Cops, starring Jake Johnson (New Girl) and Damon Wayans Jr. (Happy Endings) will open later this year on August 15, 2014. Its competition will be the action sequel The Expendables 3 and the childrens book adaptation The Giver.
- Finally, Fox has shifted Night at the Museum 3 up from Christmas Day to December 19, 2014, where it squares off against the Annie remake and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.