Paul W.S. Anderson’s movies are really silly, and Pompeii is one of the greatest archeological finds in human history. Throw them together, and you’ve got a film that could be incredibly entertaining. Judging by the trailer, his new film, Pompeii, looks like Gladiator but with lava, and if there’s one thing Gladiator was missing, it was lava. Am I saying Pomepii will be better than Gladiator? I don’t know, but I do know it will have 100% more lava. That’s worth the price of admission.
But you won’t have to pay anything if you get a free ticket. I’m pleased to announce we’re giving away 20 pairs of VIP tickets to an early screening of Pompeii for our Atlanta readers. And what makes these tickets “very important”? Because you’ll also win a meet & greet with stars Kit Harington (Game of Thrones) and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbage (Lost). Hit the jump to find out how you can win. The film also stars Emily Browning, Kiefer Sutherland, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jessica Lucas, and Jared Harris. Pompeii opens in 3D on February 21st.
To enter for a chance to get you and a guest into the movie, send an e-mail to Collider.Passes@gmail.com with the subject line “POMPEII”. The meet & greet and screening are at night on Tuesday, January 28th, so don’t enter if you think you’ll be unavailable.
For more on Pompeii, check out Steve’s coverage from the set visit:
- 5 Major Takeaways and 65 Things to Know About Director Paul W.S. Anderson’s POMPEII From Our Set Visit
- Kit Harington Talks Bulking Up for the Role, His Love of Action, the Popularity of GAME OF THRONES, and More on the Set of POMPEII
- Kiefer Sutherland Talks Playing the Bad Guy, the Production Value, Looking Back on His Career, the Return of 24, and More on the Set of POMPEII
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks Physical Training, Fight Sequences, Being Influenced by SPARTACUS and BEN-HUR, and More on the Set of POMPEII
- Director Paul W.S. Anderson Talks Building Practical Sets, Expanding into Love Story Territory, and More on the Set of POMPEII
- Producer Jeremy Bolt Talks Shooting in Canada, Drone Cameras, How Much of the Film Is Factual, 3D, and More on the Set of POMPEII
In case you haven’t seen it, here’s the trailer:
And here’s the official synopsis:
Set in 79 A.D., POMPEII tells the epic story of Milo (Kit Harington), a slave turned invincible gladiator who finds himself in a race against time to save his true love Cassia (Emily Browning), the beautiful daughter of a wealthy merchant who has been unwillingly betrothed to a corrupt Roman Senator. As Mount Vesuvius erupts in a torrent of blazing lava, Milo must fight his way out of the arena in order to save his beloved as the once magnificent Pompeii crumbles around him.