The marketing for Power Rangers is cranking up. Yesterday, the Zords were revealed in a series of new posters that came with the announcement that the film would be having a panel at this year’s New York Comic-Con. Today, the film has made a casting announcement:
— Power Rangers (@ThePowerRangers) September 22, 2016
For those who are unfamiliar with Power Rangers, Alpha 5 is a robot who helps the Power Rangers, and would frequently cry out “Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi!” Presumably, the character will follow suit in this new adaptation, although given what we’ve seen of the costumes, I expect Alpha 5 to be more sleek and futuristic rather than guy with a saucer on his head and a lighting bolt on his chest.
Hader is no stranger to voice acting, and he should be a fun addition to the film. He can currently be seen on the hilarious IFC series Documentary Now! He’s also making his directing debut on the upcoming TV movie Barry where he plays a hitman who gets caught up in the Los Angeles theater arts scene.
Dean Israelite‘s Power Rangers opens March 24, 2017, and also stars Ludi Lin as Black Ranger/Zack, Naomi Scott as Pink Ranger/Kimberly, RJ Cyler as Blue Ranger/Billy, Becky G as Yellow Ranger/Trini, Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger/Jason, Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa, and Bryan Cranston as Zordon.
Also, be sure to get caught up on our most recent coverage of Power Rangers at the following links:
- ‘Power Rangers’: Elizabeth Banks Takes on Becky G in a New Image
- ‘Power Rangers’ Character Posters Reveal the New Lineup
- Bryan Cranston on ‘The Infiltrator’, ‘Power Rangers’, James Franco’s ‘The Masterpiece’, and Wes Anderson
- Bryan Cranston Compares ‘Power Rangers’ Tone to That of ‘The Dark Knight’
- ‘Power Rangers’ Poster: The Teenagers with Attitude Prepare for an Alien Invasion