Opening tomorrow is “The Final Season,” the true story of a small town baseball team (
Coach Jim Van Scoyoc (Powers Boothe) leads the team to its 19th State title, it seems following it with a 20th is a forgone conclusion. The unexpected strikes when bureaucracy intercedes merging the town with another. Petty jealousies and political designs conspire to rob
So to help promote the film, they recently held a
And for all fans of “Deadwood,” I of course asked Powers about the long rumored “Deadwood” movies that could air on HBO to wrap up the show. As I huge fan of the series, I’m still hopefully they could happen.
And if you missed the movie clips I posted yesterday, you can watch them here. Again, “The Final Season” opens tomorrow.
- What makes him pick a role?
- Does he miss Deadwood? And does he think the 2 hour movies that have been long rumored will ever happen?
- What brought him to The Final Season?
- Will he be back on 24?
- Since I last saw him for Pride, I ask if he’s just doing sports movies now. He says after we see the next few films he’s in we won’t think so.
- He then talks about why he chose the role and the story behind the movie.
- With so many upcoming projects, I ask what he’s most looking forward to. He says Gardens of the Night and Rocket.
- What has this experience been like?
- Was he on the set a lot?
- Any script changes based on his being on the set?
- Since Sean Astin plays him in the movie, I ask if he was a fan of Lord of the Rings.
- Since he is a principle now, I ask if his students are excited for the movie.
- What impressed him the most watching the film get made.