Written by Steve ‘Frosty’ Weintraub
Sometime tomorrow I’ll be posting a 15 minute interview with producers David Heyman and Richard Zanuck. Both of them produced the new Jim Carrey comedy “Yes Man”, and I managed to land an extended interview with the two great producers at the recent press day. But while the interview is great due to how many movies we talk about, since David is the producer of the “Harry Potter” series, I could’ve spoken to him just on that franchise the entire time.
Thankfully, David talked to me on the red carpet at the “Yes Man” premiere and we only talked about “Harry Potter”!
So if you’re a fan of the great Warner Bros. franchise, David gave me some updates on what’s going on behind the scenes. Some of the highlights were: “Half Blood Prince” is 2 hr. 30 minutes and the movie is finished, they’re still working out where to split movie 7 (where part 1 ends and part 2 begins), and that each part of movie 7 will be filmed differently and there will be a different cinematic language.
Trust me, if you’re a “Harry Potter” fan, you’ll love the interview. Again, look for an extended interview with David Heyman tomorrow.
- What he’s been doing the last two weeks…
- Talks about how they’ve had some script meetings on the 7th Harry Potter
- I try and find out how many pages the scripts are…
- How much more challenging is it to make a Harry Potter movie in two parts
- He talks about how each movie will be filmed differently so there will be a different cinematic language
- How much debate is happening on where to end movie 1 of book7
- David says it’s not necessarily a big action moment that will end part 1 – says it doesn’t feel like it fits
- Says the 6th movie is completely done right now and it’s 2 and a half hours