The release date for Ridley Scott’s Prometheus is so damn close, but we’ve still got nearly two weeks to go. It’s been a tough road of anticipation, but the finish line is in sight, folks. In the meantime, two new featurettes for the film have gone online to whet fans’ appetites. The first one, entitled “The Vision of Prometheus”, features Scott and some of the actors (including Guy Pearce) talking about the larger themes of the film, shooting in 3D, and more. The second featurette focuses on the character played by Logan Marshall-Green and gives us a bit of insight into what his role in the film will entail.
Hit the jump to check out the featurettes. The film also stars Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, and Idris Elba. Prometheus opens in 3D on June 8th.
Here are links to our previous coverage:
- New Clip from the Film
- New Featurette focusing on Charlize Theron’s Character
- Damon Lindelof talks Lost homages, 3D vs. 2D, and further sequels in a Twitter Q&A
- New viral video featuring Noomi Rapace’s character
- A very spoilery TV spot
- The first clip
- Damon Lindelof talks turning an Alien prequel into Prometheus, the viral campaign, revealing too much in trailers, and much more
- 17 new images
- A new featurette
- Confirmation that Prometheus is rated-R
And here’s the official synopsis for Prometheus:
Ridley Scott, director of “Alien” and “Blade Runner,” returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.