The marketing machine for director Ridley Scott’s Prometheus is really cranking up: just yesterday we brought you this fantastic ad and poster for David 8, the human-looking android (played by Michael Fassbender) who is a product of the Weyland Corporation (headed by Guy Pearce). But it seems that David 8 is not the only machine roving around the universe in Prometheus and these new viral posters serve to introduce you to some of the others. No, there are no more androids, but fans of these schematics of the explorer ship Prometheus should enjoy these new images equally as much. Prometheus also stars Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba, Rafe Spall, Sean Harris, Logan Marshall-Green, and Charlize Theron, and opens in 3D on June 8th. Hit the jump to check out the new posters as well as a recap of our previous coverage.
Here’s a look back at our Prometheus coverage so far:
- Scott talks about the run-time and director’s cut of the film.
- Here’s a bit of a puzzle involving the viral marketing for Prometheus.
- We’ve got image galleries here, here and here.
- Of course, there’s the fantastic trailer, which we talk about on our first-ever podcast, The Collision.
- Don’t forget our WonderCon coverage.
- A couple of TV spots here and here.
- Finally, some interviews with Scott, Fassbender and Damon Lindelof, as well as Pearce and screenwriter, Jon Spaihts.
Here’s the official synopsis for Prometheus, followed by the new posters (via IMPAwards):
Ridley Scott, director of “Alien” and “Blade Runner,” returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.