After trippin’ all ’round the world in the last four movies, Vietnam veteran and PTSD sufferer John Rambo is back again for a final fight in Rambo: Last Blood. The title comes full circle from the first film, First Blood, which arrived way back in 1982 as an adaptation of David Morrel‘s novel. Since then, the rough-and-tumble one-man army has waged one-sided wars against small town thugs, Soviet soldiers in Vietnam and Afghanistan, and brutal members of the Burmese Army, the Tatmadaw. Now, having returned to his Arizona family ranch in the last film, Rambo will take on all comers on his own turf, as revealed in the film’s first trailer.
In theaters September 20, 2019, Rambo: Last Blood stars Sylvester Stallone, Paz Vega, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Adrianna Barraza, Yvette Monreal, Genie Kim aka Yenah Han, Joaquin Cosio, and Oscar Jaenada.
Check out the first teaser trailer for Rambo: Last Blood below:
Here’s the official synopsis for Rambo: Last Blood:
Almost four decades after he drew first blood, Sylvester Stallone is back as one of the greatest action heroes of all time, John Rambo. Now, Rambo must confront his past and unearth his ruthless combat skills to exact revenge in a final mission. A deadly journey of vengeance, RAMBO: LAST BLOOD marks the last chapter of the legendary series. Lionsgate in association with Millennium Media presents, a Millennium Media Balboa Productions and Templeton Media production, in association with Campbell Grobman Films, and in association with Dadi Film (HK) Limited.
For more of our coverage on all things Rambo, be sure to check out these recent, relevant write-ups linked below:
- Sylvester Stallone Is a Cowboy for Some Reason as ‘Rambo 5’ Starts Filming
- Graham McTavish on ‘Preacher’, ‘Outlander’, His Secretive ‘Aquaman’ Role, and the Best Brand of Scotch
- Collider Movie Talk: ‘Star Wars’ Overtakes ‘Avengers’; Stallone Says No More ‘Rambo’
- Sylvester Stallone Is Developing a Father-Son ‘Rambo’ Series for Fox
- Stream This: Sylvester Stallone is Rambo in the Surprisingly Thoughtful ‘First Blood’