There was quite a bit of movement for last night’s programming. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- Despite what looks to be a creative upswing, the final season of 30 Rock kicked off with a bit of a whimper as the season seven premiere netted a 1.3 demo rating and 3.40 million viewers.
- While the majority of NBC’s comedies are still struggling, the swell Parks and Recreation saw an uptick last night of 19% as it scored a 1.9 rating and 3.5 million viewers.
- The Americanized Sherlock Holmes series Elementary dipped a bit from its series premiere, garnering a 2.6 rating and 11.2 million viewers versus last week’s 3.1 rating.
- Bad news again for ABC’s excellent new drama series Last Resort, as the show was down from its disappointing series premiere numbers with a 1.8 rating and 7.87 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report from Thursday, October 4th including The Big Bang Theory, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, Person of Interest, Two and a Half Men, and more.
- The season premiere for the final 13 episodes of 30 Rock was way down, scoring a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and 3.40 million viewers. Not only is that down 28% from last season’s premiere, but it’s also 23% lower than Community’s premiere in the same time slot last year.
- The only NBC comedy of the night to score an uptick was Parks and Recreation which netted a 1.9 rating and 3.53 million viewers, up 19% from last week’s 1.6 rating.
- This week’s episode of The Office (also in its final season) was even with last week, garnering a 2.1 demo rating and 4.11 million viewers.
- Up All Night was also even with last week, earning a 1.4 rating and 3.09 million viewers.
- Unsurprisingly, The Big Bang Theory was the most watched and highest rated show of the night, scoring a 4.9 rating and 15.4 million viewers. That’s down slightly from last week’s 5.0 rating which gave the series its highest rated season premiere ever in its sixth season.
- CBS’ other Thursday comedy, Two and a Half Men, also had a good night. The show netted a 3.7 rating and 12.67 million viewers, up 6% from last week’s 3.5 rating.
- The new Sherlock Holmes series Elementary (which is surprisingly not terrible) saw a slight decline in week two, netting a 2.6 demo rating and 11.22 million viewers. That’s down just 16% from last week’s 3.1 rating.
- Person of Interest was up yet again, scoring a 3.1 rating in the demo and 14.62 million viewers, up 7% from last week’s 2.9.
- The intense new thriller series Last Resort is having some trouble finding an audience. The show earned a 1.8 rating in the demo and 7.87 million viewers, down a heavy 18% from last week’s series premiere 2.2 rating.
- Grey’s Anatomy was predictably down from its massive season premiere rating of 4.4, scoring a 3.7 rating this week and 10.56 million viewers.
- ABC Thursday’s other soap Scandal was even with last week, garnering a 2.1 rating in the demo and 6.82 million viewers.
- Thursday’s much-touted episode of Glee netted a 2.6 rating and 6.21 million viewers, up 8% from last week’s 2.4 demo rating.