Thursday evenings TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The splendid series finale of 30 Rock notched the show’s largest audience in two years and highest ratings since March of 2012, with a 1.9 rating and 4.8 million viewers. That’s up half a ratings point from last week’s 1.4 rating. Blimpies!
- NBC’s new series Do No Harm, on the other hand, was a rather massive failure, as the show’s 0.9 rating and 3.13 million viewers scored the lowest-rated in-season premiere of any Big 4 network scripted program ever. Makin’ history, folks.
- Coming off a couple of insane series highs, The Big Bang Theory finally came back down to earth with a 5.3 rating and 17.51 million viewers versus its last original episode’s 6.4 rating. Alas, the show was still the highest-rated and most-watched program of the night.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Thursday, January 31st, including Two and a Half Men, The Vampire Diaries, The Office, Elementary, and more.
- 30 Rock’s hourlong final episode ever hit a 1.9 rating and 4.8 million viewers, rising significantly from last week’s 1.4 rating and scoring the show’s largest audience in two years.
- The departing The Office garnered a 2.1 rating and 4.44 million viewers and a 1.9 rating and 4.02 million viewers for back-to-back episodes, with the latter dropping from last week’s 2.0 rating.
- The new Jekyl & Hyde redo Do No Harm hit an abysmal 0.9 rating and 3.13 million viewers for the lowest-rated debut of a Big 4 scripted program ever.
- Grey’s Anatomy hit a 2.8 rating and 8.77 million viewers, dropping from last week’s 3.0 rating.
- ABC’s other Thursday soap Scandal saw a rise of one tenth from its last original episode, hitting a 2.7 rating and 8.1 million viewers.
- Glee notched a 2.1 rating and 5.54 million viewers, which is down considerably from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- Over at CBS, a slightly racist episode of The Big Bang Theory hit a 5.3 rating and 17.51 million viewers, which is down a full ratings point from its last original’s series high 6.4 rating.
- Two and a Half Men earned a 3.9 rating and 13.72 million viewers, dropping three tenths from its last new episode’s 4.2 rating.
- The procedural favorite Person of Interest notched a 3.2 rating and 15.62 million viewers, down a tad from its last new episode’s 3.3 rating.
- Heading into its big post-Super Bowl episode, Elementary garnered a 2.2 rating and 10.8 million viewers, dipping two tenths from its last new episode’s 2.4 rating. Here’s hoping it enjoys a ratings boost after the Super Bowl. It’s a genuinely good show.
- The Vampire Diaries was even with last week’s 1.3 rating and scored 2.57 million viewers.
- Beauty & the Beast was also even with last week, earning a 0.7 rating and 1.73 million viewers.