Tuesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- Despite game-changing events that tied into Captain America: The Winter Soldier, last night’s episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fell three tenths to a new series low 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo and scored 4.91 million viewers. Read Evan’s recap here.
- Elsewhere on ABC, The Goldbergs dipped a tenth to a series low 1.4 rating and 4.3 million viewers, while new comedy Trophy Wife dropped two tenths to a 0.8 rating and scored 2.55 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the rest of the TV ratings report for Tuesday, April 8th, including The Mindy Project, About a Boy, and more.
- Back-to-back episodes of The Mindy Project failed to rebound significantly after the show returned last week from an extended hiatus. The first episode earned a 1.0 rating and 2.27 million viewers and the second garnered a 1.1 rating and 2.36 million viewers, even and up one tenth, respectively.
- Glee ticked up a tenth from last week’s series low to a 1.0 rating and scored 2.79 million viewers. It’s already been renewed for a fifth and final season, though Fox recently cut the order to 20 episodes.
- NCIS was the highest rated and most watched scripted program of the night with a 2.6 rating and 17.18 million viewers, rising two tenths from last week.
- NCIS: Los Angeles dipped a tenth to a 2.3 rating and scored 14.37 million viewers.
- New comedy About a Boy dropped two tenths to a series low 1.8 rating and scored 7.14 million viewers.
- Growing Up Fisher also dipped, hitting a series low 1.5 rating and 5.62 million viewers.
- Chicago Fire returned from its hiatus to a 1.9 rating and 7.01 million viewers, which is even with its last episode’s performance.