Tuesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- After last week’s record-breaking debut, ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. lost a third of its audience and dropped a whopping 34% to a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demo and 8.4 million viewers. That’s a steep decline in viewership from last week’s 4.7 rating, but not altogether surprising given the lukewarm overall reception to the pilot. Read Evan’s recap of last night’s episode here.
- Fox’s comedies took yet another dive, as the new series Brooklyn Nine-Nine hit a 1.4 rating and 3.42 million viewers for a 22% drop and New Girl garnered a 1.9 rating and 3.89 million viewers for a 10% drop.
- Over at NBC, Chicago Fire scored an impressive 2.8 rating in the demo and 9 million viewers for a rise of 4% over last week’s 2.7 season premiere rating.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Tuesday, October 1st, including NCIS, The Mindy Project, Person of Interest, and more.
- Fox’s comedy block kicked off with new series Dads, which earned a 1.3 rating and 3.42 million viewers, dropping 13% from last week’s 1.5 rating.
- The network’s other new series Brooklyn Nine-Nine was also down, notching a 1.4 rating and 3.42 million viewers for a disappointing drop of 22% from last week’s 1.8 rating.
- An uneven episode of New Girl scored a 1.9 rating and 3.89 million viewers, which is down 10% from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- As for The Mindy Project, last night’s episode hit a 1.5 rating and 2.96, which is even with last week’s performance.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was expected to drop in week two, but the series lost a third of its pilot audience for last night’s episode. “0-8-4” scored a 3.1 rating and 8.4 million viewers, down 34% from last week’s 4.7 rating. 3.1 is nothing to scoff at, but will the show level off next week or will it shed more viewers?
- New comedy series The Goldbergs hit a 2.2 rating and 6.16 million viewers, dropping 29% from last week’s 3.1 rating.
- Also down was Trophy Wife, which noted a 1.4 rating and 4.28 for a big drop of 39% from last week’s 2.3 rating.
- Finally, Lucky 7 is DOA with a 0.8 rating and 2.81 million viewers, shedding 38% of last week’s underwhelming 1.3 rating.
- Over at CBS, NCIS hit a 3.4 rating in the demo and 19.33 million viewers, winning its timeslot opposite S.H.I.E.L.D. and grabbing the largest audience of the night even though it was down 6% from last week’s 3.6 rating.
- NCIS: Los Angeles scored a 2.7 rating and 14.79 million viewers, dropping 10% from last week’s 3.0 rating.
- The procedural Person of Interest continues to stumble, notching a new series low with a 2.0 rating and 12.16 million viewers. That’s down 13% from last week’s disappointing 2.3 rating.
- Finally, NBC drama series Chicago Fire continues to build as it hit a 2.8 rating and 9 million viewers for a rise of 4% over last week’s season premiere.