Tuesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- A vastly improved episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. garnered a 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demo and 7.68 million viewers, dropping 7% from last week’s 2.9 rating and dropping to second place amongst scripted programming for the night. Read Evan’s recap of the episode here.
- On the flipside, CBS’ NCIS rebounded to a 3.0 rating and 18.43 million viewers for a rise of 7% over last week’s 2.8 rating, making it the highest-rated scripted program of the night in the coveted 18-49 demo.
- Over on Fox, New Girl slipped again to a 1.8 rating and 3.48 million viewers, dropping 14% from last week’s 2.1 rating.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Tuesday, October 15th, including Dads, The Mindy Project, Person of Interest, The Goldbergs, and more.
- Fox’s comedies were a mixed bag last night, as new comedy series Dads notched up to a 1.4 rating and 3.4 million viewers, rising 8% over last week’s 1.3 rating.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine was even with last week’s 1.5 rating and scored 3.41 million viewers.
- An uneven season of New Girl continued with last night’s episode, which garnered a 1.8 rating and 3.48 million viewers. That’s a drop of 14% from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- Finally, The Mindy Project closed out the night with a 1.4 rating and 2.83 million viewers, matching last week’s performance.
- A surprisingly solid episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. scored a 2.7 rating and 7.68 million viewers for a drop of 7% from last week’s 2.9 rating, relinquishing its top demo spot to NCIS. If the quality of the show going forward can match last night’s episode, maybe some of the show’s look-in audience will tune back in.
- The new comedy series The Goldbergs hit a low of 1.6 and 5.08 million viewers, dropping 16% from last week’s 1.9 rating.
- Trophy Wife was also down, garnering a 1.3 rating and 4.07 million viewers for a drop of 7% from last week’s 1.4 rating.
- The procedural NCIS topped the night in ratings and total viewers for scripted programming with a 3.0 rating and 18.43 million viewers, rising 7% from last week’s 2.8 rating.
- NCIS: Los Angeles matched last week’s 2.6 rating and scored 14.68 million viewers.
- Person of Interest finally marked a gain, hitting a 2.1 rating and 12.42 million viewers for a rise of 5% from last week’s series low 2.0 rating. If you missed Steve’s extended interview with the show’s executive producers, click here.
- Chicago Fire notched a 2.4 rating and 8.25 million viewers, which is up 14% from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- Over at The CW, The Originals earned a 1.1 rating and 2.2 million viewers, marking a 22% rise over last week’s 0.9 rating.
- Supernatural was down 8% from last week’s 1.2 rating with a 1.1 rating and 2.31 million viewers.