TV ratings for Tuesday, September 30th are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is not doing great. The second episode of the show’s second season (read Evan’s recap here) garnered a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo and scored 4.54 million viewers, notching a series low for the Marvel show. On the bright side, there’s always the possibility that it could receive a jolt in viewership after its midseason break following the debut of Agent Carter, but there’s no guarantee that show will be a hit either.
- Elsewhere on ABC, the series premiere of the awfully-titled Selfie scored a 1.4 rating in the demo and 4.89 million viewers. Despite the cringe-worthy premise, our own Allison Keene thought the pilot episode was saved by its solid cast. Those debut numbers on down considerably from the 3.0 rating that The Goldbergs nabbed in its post-S.H.I.E.L.D. series premiere last year.
- The other ABC shows of the night were Manhattan Love Story with a 1.3 rating and 4.28 million viewers and Forever with a 1.3 rating and 5.6 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report, including New Girl, Person of Interest, and more.
- New Girl hit a 1.2 rating in the demo and scored 2.35 million viewers, which is down 8% from last week’s 1.3 rating. Despite some promise, the show’s quality still hasn’t fully rebounded from the terrible third season.
- The Mindy Project was up 10% to a 1.1 rating and 2.33 million viewers.
- NCIS garnered a 2.6 rating and 18.64 million viewers, dropping 10% from last week’s 2.9 rating.
- Also down was NCIS: New Orleans with a 2.3 rating and 16.44 million viewers, which is down 8% from last week.
- Person of Interest, on the other hand, was up 6% from last week’s premiere with a 1.8 rating and 10.75 million viewers.