Ratings were down pretty much across the board last night, as families were out Trick or Treating instead of watching television. Here’s a look at the highlights:
- FX’s American Horror Story: Asylum topped all cable programming with a 1.5 rating, which is down a tad from last week’s 1.7.
- The CW’s drama Supernatural was the only program to actually gain viewers last night, as the episode drew a 0.9 rating and 2.1 million viewers versus last week’s 0.7.
- Literally every other program was down or even in viewership from the previous original episodes.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Wednesday, October 31st, including 30 Rock, Nashville, Arrow, Modern Family, Criminal Minds, and more.
- Airing on Wednesday night this week instead of Thursday, 30 Rock scored a 1.1 rating and 3.38 million viewers, which is a new series low.
- New comedy Guys with Kids hit a 1.3 rating and 3.62 million viewers, down from last week’s 1.4.
- Law & Order: SVU garnered a 1.7 rating and 6.23 million viewers, down 11% from last week’s 1.9 rating.
- New series Chicago Fire was down yet again, earning a 1.6 and 5.82 million viewers against last week’s 1.8 rating.
- Criminal Minds hit a 2.9 rating and 12 million viewers, down 6% from last week’s 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demo.
- Procedural CSI was even, hitting a 2.4 rating an 10.9 million viewers.
- The annual airing of It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown hit a 2.7 rating and 7.94 million viewers. That’s a rise of 17% versus last year’s 2.3 rating.
- Fresh off a full season pick-up, The Neighbors earned a 1.9 and 5.78 million viewers. That’s a drop from last week’s 2.0 rating.
- Modern Family hit a 4.2 rating and 10.62 million viewers, making it the highest rated program of the night. Still, it was down from last week’s 4.9 rating.
- Critical darling Nashville continues to struggle, hitting a series low 1.8 rating and 5.74 million viewers.
- Supernatural earned the only gain of the night, with a 0.9 rating and 2.1 million viewers. That’s up from last week’s 0.7 rating.
- New series Arrow was down slightly with a 1.0 rating and 3.05 million viewers versus last week’s 1.1 rating.
- FX’s Halloween episode of American Horror Story: Asylum was the top program on cable, earning a 1.5 rating for a drop from last week’s 1.7 rating.
- Coming in a close second in the cable ratings was Comedy Central’s South Park, which hit a 1.1 rating making it even with last week.