Wednesday TV Ratings: ARROW Returns Down, REVOLUTION Hits a New Series Low; AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN Has Highest AHS Debut Ever
Wednesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The second season premiere of Arrow scored a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.68 million viewers, down four tenths from last year’s 1.3 series premiere rating. However, it was even with last year’s season finale numbers.
- NBC’s Revolution was down yet again, scoring a new series low with a 1.5 rating and 5.37 million viewers. That’s down a tenth from last week’s series low, and continues the drama series’ struggle in its second season.
- FX’s premiere of American Horror Story: Coven raked in a whopping 5.54 million viewers and a 3.0 rating, making it the highest rated premiere in the show’s history. Read Dave’s recap here.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Wednesday, October 9th, including The Tomorrow People, Modern Family, Nashville, CSI, and more.
The Middle was down a tenth from last week’s 2.3 rating to a 2.2 rating and 8.12 million viewers.
- New comedy series Back in the Game was also down, garnering a 1.7 rating and 6.44 million viewers.
- Modern Family hit a 3.8 rating and 10.43 million viewers for a steep drop from last week’s 3.2 rating, though it was still the highest-rated program of the night.
- The new Rebel Wilson series Super Fun Night earned a 2.5 rating and 6.67 million viewers, shedding seven tenths from last week’s series premiere.
- Nashville scored a 1.7 rating and 5.86 million viewers, dropping two tenths from last week’s 1.9 rating.
- Criminal Minds notched a 2.6 rating and 10.9 million viewers, which is down a tenth from last week’s 2.7 rating.
- CSI was down again, hitting a series low-tying 1.9 rating and 8.78 million viewers for a drop of two tenths from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- Revolution notched a new series low with a 1.5 rating and 5.37 million viewers, which is down a tenth from last week’s 1.6 rating.
- Law & Order: SVU garnered a 1.6 rating and 5.37 million viewers, dropping four tenths from last week’s 2.0 rating.
- The new drama series Ironside scored a 1.1 rating and 5.23 million viewers, which is down two tenths from last week’s 1.3 rating.
- The season two premiere of Arrow garnered a 0.9 rating and 2.68 million viewers for a drop of four tenths from last year’s 1.3 series premiere rating, but was even with the season one finale.
- The series premiere of The Tomorrow People hit a 0.8 rating and 2.34 million viewers, which matches the premiere ratings for Supernatural last year in the same timeslot.