Wednesday TV Ratings: ARROW Rises, REVOLUTION Hits Another Series Low, and TOY STORY OF TERROR! Premieres Strong
Wednesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The CW’s Arrow saw a significant rise in viewership for its second episode of the season, earning a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demo and 3.02 million viewers. That’s up 22% from last week’s 0.9 rating. Read Dave’s recap here.
- NBC’s Revolution struggled yet again, scoring a new series low 1.4 rating and 5.39 million viewers. That’s down one tenth from last week’s 1.5 rating. Odds are not looking great for a third season.
- Pixar’s half-hour Halloween special Toy Story of Terror! garnered a strong 3.0 rating and 10.29 million viewers, ensuring the short will be a staple of ABC’s lineup for plenty of Halloweens to come. Read Matt’s review here.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Wednesday, October 16th, including CSI, Modern Family, Super Fun Night, The Tomorrow People, and more.
The Pixar short Toy Story of Terror! notched a 3.0 rating and 10.29 million viewers, rising 27% from The Middle’s performance in the timeslot last week. This likely won’t be the last Halloween ABC airs the special.
- The new comedy series Back in the Game matched last week’s 1.8 rating and garnered 6.24 million viewers.
- Modern Family was the highest rated program of the night with a 4.0 rating and 10.85 million viewers, rising 3% from last week’s 3.9 rating.
- The new Rebel Wilson comedy Super Fun Night slipped again, hitting a 2.1 rating and 6.02 million viewers for a drop of 16% from last week’s 2.5 rating.
- Finally, Nashville closed out the evening with a 1.7 rating and 5.75 million viewers, rising 6% from last week’s 1.6 rating.
- Criminal Minds brought in the most viewers of the night with 10.95 million viewers and a 2.7 rating, marking a rise of 4% from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- CSI was also up, garnering a 2.0 rating and 9.43 million viewers. That’s up 5% from last week’s series low 1.9 rating.
Revolution hit another series low with a 1.4 rating and 5.39 million viewers, dropping 7% from last week’s 1.5 rating.
- Law & Order: SVU scored a 1.7 rating and 5.39 million viewers. That’s up 6% from last week’s 1.6 rating.
- New drama series Ironside matched last week’s 1.1 rating and scored 4.91 million viewers.
- Over on The CW, Arrow improved on its season premiere numbers, hitting a 1.1 rating and 3.02 million viewers for a rise of 22% from last week’s 0.9 rating.
- New series The Tomorrow People notched a 0.8 rating and 2.16 million viewers, which is down 11% from last week’s 0.9 rating.