Monday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- Former Lost co-showrunner Carlton Cuse’s new Psycho prequel series Bates Motel has a solid opening, scoring 3 million total viewers and 1.6 million in the 18-49 demo for its series premiere. That’s a demo high for an original drama series debut on A&E and a vote of confidence for the intriguing show. Read Allison’s recap of the premiere here.
- Fox’s The Following—which is somehow more violent than Bates even though it airs on network TV—hit a 2.4 rating and 7.09 million viewers, dropping 11% from last week’s 2.7 rating.
- CBS’ How I Met Your Mother was also down, scoring a 2.9 rating and 7.35 million viewers for a drop of 12% from its last new episode’s 3.3 rating.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Monday, March 18th, including Rules of Engagement, Bones, 2 Broke Girls, Castle, and more.
- The comedy How I Met Your Mother notched a 2.9 rating and 7.35 million viewers, dropping 12% from its last original episode’s 3.3 rating.
- Rules of Engagement, meanwhile, garnered a 2.2 rating and 6.63 million viewers, rising 5% from last week’s season-low 2.1 rating.
- The normally solid 2 Broke Girls hit a 2.7 rating and 8.35 million viewers for a series low performance, dropping 18% from its last original episode’s 3.3 rating.
- Mike & Molly scored a season low with a 2.4 rating and 8.23 million viewers, dropping 11% from its last new episode’s 2.7 rating.
- The drama series Hawaii Five-0 scored a 2.1 rating and 8.75 million viewers for a rise of 5% from its last original episode’s 2.0 rating.
- Castle notched a 2.2 rating and 11.23 million viewers, which is down 4% from its last new episode’s 2.3 rating.
- Bones earned a 2.0 rating and 7.31 million viewers, dropping 9% from its last new episode’s 2.2 rating.
- Also down was The Following, which hit a 2.4 rating and 7.09 million viewers for a drop of 11% from last week’s 2.7 rating.
- The Carrie Diaries was up 25% from last week’s 0.4 rating with a 0.5 rating and 1.04 million viewers.