Thursday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The season—and possible series—finale of NBC’s Community hit a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and scored 3.14 million viewers, which is up a tenth from last week’s 1.2 rating. Though the show is still very much on the bubble for renewal, the latest word is that NBC might actually pick the show up for another season after all.
- CBS’ Elementary fell to a new series low with a 1.8 rating and 9.15 million viewers, dropping two tenths from last week’s series low 2.0 rating. Nevertheless, the better-than-it-has-to-be Sherlock Holmes show has already been renewed for a second season.
- Elsewhere at CBS, The Big Bang Theory dropped three tenths from last week’s 4.9 rating to a 4.6 rating and scored 15.7 million viewers. Despite the drop, the comedy juggernaut still managed to stand way above anything else on television for the night.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Thursday, May 9th, including Hannibal, Glee, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, and more.
- Community notched a 1.3 rating and 3.14 million viewers, rising one tenth from last week’s 1.2 rating for it season finale.
- With only a few episodes left before the series finale, an hour-long episode of The Office garnered a 2.3 rating and 4.41 million viewers, rising half a ratings point from last week’s 1.8 rating.
- New drama series Hannibal was even with last week’s 1.1 rating and scored 2.66 million viewers, but the show picks up considerable numbers when DVR viewing is accounted for.
- Grey’s Anatomy hit a 2.9 rating and 8.6 million viewers, dropping a tenth from last week’s 3.0 rating.
- Meanwhile, Scandal was up to a 3.2 rating and 8.89 million viewers for a new series high and a rise of six tenths from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- The Big Bang Theory hit a 4.6 rating and 15.7 million viewers, dropping three tenths from last week’s 4.9 rating.
- The comedy Two and a Half Men was up two tenths from last week’s 3.2 rating with a 3.4 rating and 12.62 million viewers.
- Person of Interest was even with last week’s series low 2.4 rating and scored 12.98 million viewers.
- New series Elementary notched a 1.8 rating and 9.15 million viewers for a series low that was down two tenths from last week’s 2.0 rating.
- Glee scored a 2.1 rating and 6.08 million viewers, up two tenths from last week’s 1.9 rating.
- Over at The CW, The Vampire Diaries earned a 0.9 rating and 2.16 million viewers, down a tenth from last week’s 1.0 rating.
- Beauty and the Beast was even with last week’s 0.5 rating and scored 1.29 million viewers.