Thursday night’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- It wouldn’t be Community without drama. Following last week’s promising numbers for the show’s long-delayed season four premiere, the comedy fell hard last night with a 1.1 rating in the demo and 2.75 million viewers. That’s down a whopping 42% from last week’s premiere, but it’s also important to note that TV viewing as a whole was down last night in lieu of the Valentine’s Day holiday.
- The series premiere of ABC’s Zero Hour (read Allison’s recap here) didn’t drum up much interest. The Anthony Edwards-led mystery adventure drama scored a 1.3 rating and 6.29 million viewers, which is ABC’s lowest rated premiere in the 18-49 demo ever. On the bright side, it scored the second most-watched series premiere this year behind The Following.
- ABC’s soap Scandal surpassed lead-in Grey’s Anatomy for the first time ever, scoring a 2.8 rating in the demo versus Grey’s’ 2.7 rating. The show netted 8.04 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Thursday, February 14th, including The Big Bang Theory, Glee, The Office, Parks and Recreation, and more.
- Last night’s Scooby Doo-esque Halloween episode of Community suffered a disappointing drop from last week’s season premiere, netting a 1.1 rating in the demo and 2.75 million viewers. Not only is that a 42% drop from last week’s 1.9 rating, but it also marks a series low for the comedy. Hopefully the dip was a result of the holiday and not a mass exodus of viewers. This show just cannot catch a break.
- A swell episode of Parks and Recreation also suffered a drop with a 1.5 rating and 3.15 million viewers, down half a ratings point from last week’s 2.0 rating. Viewership should most definitely rise next week, though, as the end of the episode set up a very special wedding.
- An hourlong episode of The Office notched a 2.0 rating and 4.04 million viewers, down a tad from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- The new drama series Zero Hour launched with little fanfare, hitting a 1.3 rating and 6.29 million viewers million viewers. That’s down 41% from Last Resort’s launch in the same time period and marks the lowest rating for an ABC series premiere ever. Ouch.
- Grey’s Anatomy hit a 2.7 rating and 8.37 million viewers, notching a series low that was down four tenths from last week’s 3.1 rating.
- The rising ABC soap Scandal finally bested its lead-in for the first time, scoring a 2.8 rating in the demo and 8.04 million viewers, even with last week’s performance.
- Unsurprisingly, The Big Bang Theory was the highest-rated and most-watched show of the night, garnering a 5.4 rating and 17.6 million viewers. Still, that’s a drop of 13% from last week’s rating of 6.2
- Two and a Half Men also slipped a tad, hitting a 3.8 rating and 13.7 million viewers for a drop of 7% from last week’s 4.1 rating.
- The procedural Person of Interest continues to dominate Thursdays on the drama side of things, notching a 3.0 rating and 14.8 million viewers. That’s down a tenth from last week’s 3.1 rating.
- New series Elementary was even with last week’s 2.2 rating and scored 10.9 million viewers.
- Glee scored a 1.7 rating and 5.2 million viewers, dropping 23% from last week’s 2.2 rating.
- Over on The CW, The Vampire Diaries garnered a 1.0 rating and 2.31 million viewers, down a tenth from last week’s 1.1 rating.
- Beauty and the Beast was also down, scoring a 0.5 rating and 1.41 million viewers for a drop from last week’s 0.6 rating.