Thursday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- CBS’ new Robin Williams comedy series The Crazy Ones premiered big with a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and 15.6 million viewers, topping NBC’s premiere of The Michael J. Fox Show.
- The absolutely fantastic London-set hourlong premiere of Parks and Recreation was sadly down quite a bit from last year’s 1.7 premiere rating, hitting a 1.3 rating and 3.3 million viewers.
- Also down was NBC’s Parenthood season premiere, which scored a 1.6 rating and 5.2 million viewers in its new timeslot. That’s a drop of 16% from last year’s premiere rating of 1.9.
- Unsurprisingly, The Big Bang Theory notched a massive 5.6 rating and 18.9 million viewers. That’s up considerably from last year’s already-big 5.0 premiere rating.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Thursday, September 26th, including The Big Bang Theory, Elementary, Two and a Half Men, Grey’s Anatomy, and more.
- The one-hour season premiere of Parks and Recreation scored a 1.3 rating and 3.3 million viewers, marking a disappointing drop from last year’s 1.7 premiere rating. Seriously, watch this show people!
- The Michael J. Fox Show premiered to a solid 2.1 rating and 7.3 million viewers for back-to-back episodes, matching the demo performance of The Office in the timeslot a year ago but pulling in more total viewers.
- The season premiere of Parenthood notched a 1.6 rating and 5.17 million viewers in its new timeslot, dropping 16% from last year’s 1.9 rating on Tuesday.
- The two-hour season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy garnered a 3.4 rating and 9.26 million viewers, dropping an entire ratings point from last year’s 4.4 season premiere rating.
- Over at CBS, The Big Bang Theory continued its juggernaut status as it pulled in a 5.6 rating and 18.9 million viewers—and that’s not even its best performance ever. That’s up from last year’s 5.0 premiere rating, after which those numbers continued to soar over the rest of the season.
- New comedy series The Crazy Ones got off to a very solid start, garnering a 4.0 rating and 15.6 million viewers to make it the second most-watched program of the night.
- The season premiere of Two and a Half Men faltered, earning a 2.9 rating an 11.54 million viewers for a drop of six tenths from last year’s 3.5 rating.
- Also down was the second season premiere of the drama series Elementary, which notched a 2.1 rating and 10.14 million viewers for a drop of one whole ratings point from its series premiere. That being said, it was up from its season one finale’s 2.0 rating.
- Finally, the Beatles-theme season premiere of Glee was way down, scoring a 2.0 rating and 5.17 million viewers. That’s a major drop from last year’s 3.1 rating in the demo.