Monday’s TV ratings are in along with the cable ratings for Sunday’s programming. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- CBS’ veteran series How I Met Your Mother saw a rise, hitting a 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and 9 million viewers. That’s up 6% from last week’s 3.1 rating.
- 2 Broke Girls was once again the highest rated program of the night, garnering a 4.0 rating and 11.8 million viewers and a 3.9 rating and 11.5 million viewers for back-to-back new episodes. That’s up over last week’s 3.5 rating in the demo.
- Over at Showtime, the penultimate episode of Dexter‘s seventh season broke literally every Showtime record in existence, as the installment drew 2.6 million total viewers.
- Critical favorite Homeland also made records of its own, as the Showtime series’ penultimate episode of its second season was up 8 percent over last week’s series-high, netting another all-time high of 2.36 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Monday, December 10th, including 90210, Hawaii Five-O, and more.
- A new episode of How I Met Your Mother garnered a 3.3 rating and 9 million viewers, up 6% over last week’s 3.1 rating.
- Topping the night ratingswise was 2 Broke Girls, which scored a 4.0 rating and 11.8 million viewers and a 3.9 rating and 11.5 million viewers for two new episodes. That’s a rise over last week’s 3.5 rating.
- Drama series Hawaii Five-O hit a season high 2.7 rating and 10.4 million viewers, up 17% from last week’s 2.3 rating. These CBS numbers may be inflated a bit, though, given that the Monday Night Football game experienced an overrun.
- The American Country Awards (this is a thing?) notched a 1.4 rating in the demo and 5.1 million viewers, dropping 30% from last year’s 2.0 rating.
- Over at The CW, the departing Gossip Girl finally saw an uptick as it hit a season high 0.5 rating and 1 million viewers. That’s up 66% from last week’s 0.3 rating.
- 90210 garnered a 0.6 rating and 1.2 million viewers, up 20% from last week’s 0.5 rating.
- It was excellent news all around at Showtime, as the penultimate episode of Dexter notched 2.6 million total viewers for a Showtime original series record.
- Homeland broke its own series-high record set just last week as its penultimate episode garnered 2.36 million viewers. Read the recap right here.