TV ratings for Thursday, September 25th are in and the takeaway is that it’s very good to be Shonda Rhimes right now. Here’s a brief rundown:
- ABC’s series premiere of the Rhimes-produced legal thriller How to Get Away with Murder performed excellently, debuting to a 3.8 rating in the 18-49 demo and scoring 14 million viewers. The show is a swell vehicle for star Viola Davis, and carries with it a twisty mystery hook in addition to the procedural aspect. It was the most-watched show of the night and shared the title of highest-rated program with another Rhimes-produced series…
- Which would be Scandal, also on ABC. The buzzy soap returned for its fourth season with a 3.8 rating and 11.9 million viewers, marking series highs in both departments.
- Rhimes’ other, long-running ABC series Grey’s Anatomy kicked off the night with a 3.0 rating and 9.8 million viewers, which is up from the May finale’s 2.6 rating.
- Over on NBC, Parenthood kicked off its final season with a 1.4 rating and 4.3 million viewers, up from its last finale’s 1.3 rating.
- The surprising season premiere of Bones on Fox notched a 1.6 rating and 6.2 million viewers, which was on par with its previous season finale.