Tuesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The premiere of CBS’ new drama series Intelligence got off to a fair start with a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demo and 16.59 million viewers, which marks a rise of 33% from the timeslot premiere of the short-lived Golden Boy last year. Read Allison’s recap of the episode here.
- Last night’s midseason premiere of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. kinda sorta explained Agent Coulson’s resurrection to the tune of a 2.1 rating and 6.48 million viewers, which is flat with the show’s last original episode and matches its series low. If the promise of the answer to the Coulson mystery didn’t draw any viewers back, it’s clear that S.H.I.E.L.D. has basically plateaued. Read Evan’s recap of the episode here.
- Over on Fox, New Girl garnered a season low 1.6 rating and 3.17 million viewers in its midseason return, dropping 16% from its last original episode’s 1.9 rating.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Tuesday, January 7th, including Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Person of Interest, Chicago Fire, The Goldbergs, the series premiere of Killer Women, and more.
- ABC kicked off the evening with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which matched its series low 2.1 rating and scored 6.48 million viewers, even with its most recent episode’s performance.
- The new comedy series The Goldbergs was the best performing comedy of the night, hitting a 1.7 rating and scoring 5.37 million viewers for a rise of 6% from its last new episode’s 1.6 rating.
- Trophy Wife was even with its most recent episode’s 1.2 rating and garnered 3.89 million viewers.
- The series premiere of Killer Women, meanwhile, was D.O.A. with a 0.9 rating and 3.87 million viewers. That’s down 31% from the premiere of the very short-lived Lucky 7 last fall and marks ABC’s lowest rated Tuesday premiere ever.
- The NBC drama Chicago Fire notched a 1.9 rating and 6.77 million viewers, dropping 14% from its last original episode’s 2.2 rating.
- Dads earned a 1.5 rating and scored 3.68 million viewers, rising 7% from its last episode’s 1.4 rating.
- The excellent comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine hit a 1.5 rating and scored 3.48 million viewers, dropping 6% from its last new episode’s 1.6 rating.
- Also down was New Girl, which hit a season low 1.6 rating and scored 3.17 million viewers for a drop of 16%.
- The Mindy Project was up 8% from a 1.2 rating to a 1.3 rating and scored 2.59 million viewers.
- NCIS hit a 2.9 rating and 20.65 million viewers, which is even with its last original episode’s performance.
- The new drama series Intelligence premiered to a decent 2.4 rating and scored 16.59 million viewers, making it the second most watched program of the night.
- Person of Interest matched its most recent episode’s 2.0 rating and garnered 12.11 million viewers.