Tuesday’s TV ratings are in and it was a big night for NBC. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- A particularly emotional episode (aren’t they all?) of NBC’s excellent drama Parenthood scored the show’s best ratings in nearly a year as the Tuesday’s ep netted a 2.0 demo rating and 5 million viewers.
- The new Matthew Perry-fronted NBC comedy Go On hit a three-week high as this week’s episode garnered a 2.8 rating and 7 million viewers.
- Fresh off full-season pick-ups, Fox’s Ben and Kate and The Mindy Project were down a tad and even, respectively, compared to last week’s episodes.
- The CW’s Hart of Dixie took a drop again, earning a 0.4 rating down from last week’s 0.7.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Tuesday, October 9th, including New Girl, Vegas, Raising Hope, The New Normal, Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog, and more.
- NBC won the night in the 18-49 demo, anchored by a top-notch episode of Parenthood that landed a 2.0 rating and 5 million viewers. That’s way up from last week’s 1.6 demo rating and is the show’s best performance since November of 2011. Moreover, an unofficial poll reveals that viewers suffered an average of 1 ugly cry by episode’s end.
- The new comedy Go On—which I’d venture to say is the most improved new series of the season by far—hit a three-week high with a 2.8 rating and 7 million viewers. That’s up 33% from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- NBC’s other new Tuesday night comedy The New Normal was also up, garnering a 2.0 rating and 5 million viewers against last week’s 1.7 rating.
- This week’s episode of Private Practice was even with last week’s 1.6 rating and 6.1 million viewers.
- It was mostly good news for Fox’s comedy block. Raising Hope hit a 1.8 rating and 4.1 million viewers, up from last week’s 1.7 rating.
- The promising new comedy Ben and Kate saw a slight drop as this week’s episode garnered a 1.5 rating and 3.3 million viewers, down from last week’s 1.6 rating. Nevertheless, Fox recently ordered six additional episodes of the comedy series so they’ve clearly got faith that it can build.
- High profile new series The Mindy Project scored a full season pick-up from Fox last week, and this week’s new episode (the best so far) was even with last week’s 1.9 rating and scored 3.6 million viewers.
- A swell episode of New Girl garnered a 2.7 rating and 5 million viewers, down a tad from last week’s 2.8 demo rating.
- Though NBC won the night ratings-wise, CBS still commanded the most viewers. NCIS garnered a 3.3 rating and 18.1 million viewers, down from last week’s 3.7 rating.
- NCIS: Los Angeles was also down, netting a 2.9 rating and 15.1 million viewers, down from last week’s 3.1 demo rating.
- New series Vegas was even with last week’s episode, garnering a 2.0 rating and 11.8 million viewers.
- The second season of Hart of Dixie isn’t doing so hot, as this week’s episode was way down from last week’s low, scoring a 0.4 rating and 1.2 million viewers versus last week’s 0.7 rating.
- An airing of the five-year-old web series Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog expectedly wasn’t a huge ratings winner, as the premiere drew a 0.2 rating and 0.57 million viewers.
Check back tomorrow for a ratings update on tonight’s programming, and sound off in the comments below. What are your thoughts on the roadblock of Tuesday night comedies? Any new shows worth sticking around?