The ratings results from last night are in, and the future of one new series is looking bright while another’s days appear to be numbered. Here’s a brief glance at the highlights from Monday’s TV ratings:
- The J.J. Abrams-produced NBC drama Revolution looks like it may be sticking around for a while as it garnered a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and 8.4 million viewers, down just 6% from last week.
- CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 was up slightly from last week’s very low numbers, earning a 1.9 rating and 7.7 million viewers.
- The first cancellation of the new season looks imminent as Fox’s The Mob Doctor was down yet again with a 1.0 rating in the demo and just 3.5 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the complete scripted-series ratings from Monday, October 1st including How I Met Your Mother, Partners, Castle, Bones and more.
- NBC’s new drama series Revolution has yet to make a steep drop in ratings, as last night’s third episode pulling in a 3.2 rating in the demo and 8.4 million viewers. That’s down just two tenths from last week’s rating, and the show won its 10pm timeslot by a mile despite some iffy reactions from critics.
- The Nathan Fillion-fronted Castle was down a bit from last week, earning a 1.9 rating in the demo and 10.3 million viewers. Nevertheless, the show’s viewership remains fairly strong as it begins its fifth season, on par with previous years.
- The long-running How I Met Your Mother was down from last week’s season premiere, earning a 3.2 rating and 8.15 million viewers which is off 11% from last week’s 3.6 rating
- The new series Partners also dipped double digits, slipping 11% from last week’s series premiere for a 2.1 rating and 5.7 million viewers. Those aren’t exactly strong numbers for a new CBS sitcom, so this one’s on the bubble at the moment.
- 2 Broke Girls was also down from last week’s numbers, albeit only a tad. The episode drew a 3.4 rating in the demo and 9.02 million viewers, making it the night’s highest-rated scripted programming.
- Also dropping slightly was Mike & Molly, which garnered a 2.9 rating in the demo and 8.5 million viewers.
- The Eye’s dramatic fare for the night, Hawaii Five-0, was up a tick from last week’s disappointing season premiere numbers. The second episode drew a 1.9 rating in the demo and 7.7 million viewers, up 6%.
- The Fox drama Bones was down a bit from last week’s numbers, earning a 2.1 rating and 6.92 million viewers which is down 9% from last week’s 2.3 rating.
- Start working on those “life support” puns now, as Fox’s new series The Mob Doctor took another dramatic drop in numbers this week. The episode mustered up a 1.0 rating and 3.54 million viewers, which is down a whopping 23% from last week’s already-low numbers.
Check back tomorrow for the results of tonight’s programming, and leave your thoughts in the comments below. Any Mob Doctor fans out there? Does Revolution show long-term promise?