Thursday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The third season premiere of ABC’s Scandal notched a very impressive 3.6 rating in the 18-49 demo and 10.5 million viewers, scoring all-time highs in both categories and soaring a massive 71% from last year’s season opener.
- Fox’s Glee was down yet again, hitting a 1.6 rating and 4.5 million viewers for a drop of 20% from last week’s season premiere.
- Over on The CW, The Vampire Diaries returned to a 1.2 rating and 2.6 million viewers, which is down a hefty 25% from last year’s season premiere.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Thursday, October 3rd, including The Big Bang Theory, Parks and Recreation, The Michael J. Fox Show, Elementary, and more.
- The Big Bang Theory scored a 5.0 rating and 17.75 million viewers, dipping 9% from last week’s 5.5 rating but still dominating everything else on TV for the night.
- The series premiere of The Millers garnered a 3.3 rating and 13.15 million viewers for a solid debut.
- The new comedy series The Crazy Ones hit a 2.9 rating and 11.76 million viewers, dropping 26% from last week’s premiere rating of 3.9. A sizeable drop but not altogether disastrous.
- Two and a Half Men hit a series low 2.4 rating and 9.26 million viewers, dropping 17% from last week’s 2.9 rating.
- The drama series Elementary slipped again, garnering a 2.0 rating and 9.24 million viewers, which is down 5% from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- Grey’s Anatomy earned a 3.0 rating and 9.39 million viewers for a drop of 12% from last week’s season premiere 3.4 rating.
- The season premiere of Scandal showed a massive gain in viewership, garnering a 3.6 rating in the demo and 10.5 million viewers. Those are both series-high numbers and mark an increase of 71% from last year’s season premiere and 13% from last year’s season finale 3.2 rating.
- Parks and Recreation leveled off, earning a 1.3 rating in the demo and 3.46 million viewers for the Kristen Bell-infused episode, which is even with last week’s performance.
- The series premiere of Welcome to the Family hit a 1.2 rating and 3.32 million viewers for an underwhelming start.
- Sean Saves the World scored a 1.6 rating and 4.9 million viewers for its series premiere, which is also not great.
- The Michael J. Fox Show notched a 1.9 rating and 5.92 million viewers, dropping a modest 14% from last week’s series premiere 2.2 rating.
- Parenthood ticked up to a 1.7 rating and 4.84 million viewers, rising 6% from last week’s series low 1.6.
- Glee shed 20% of last week’s 2.0 rating, scoring a 1.6 rating in the demo and 4.55 million viewers. Expect those numbers to rise next week for the Cory Monteith memorial episode.
- Over at The CW, The Vampire Diaries hit a 1.2 rating and 2.55 million viewers for its season premiere, which is down 25% from last year’s premiere rating of 1.6.
- The series debut of TVD spinoff The Originals garnered a disappointing 0.9 rating and 2.15 million viewers, which is down 25% from the series premiere of Beauty and the Beast.