Tuesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- Smash’s future looks pretty dim. Following the abysmal ratings for its season premiere two weeks ago, last night’s episode dropped a whopping 25% for a series-low 0.9 rating and 3.29 million viewers versus the season two premiere’s 1.2 rating. The NBC drama’s days are likely numbered.
- Also down was Fox’s New Girl, which scored a 2.2 rating and 4.36 million viewers for yet another creatively swell episode. That’s a drop of 15% from its last original episode’s 2.6 rating.
- NBC’s new comedy Go On—which has been one of the better performing new programs of the season—has been having some trouble gaining its momentum back following the December break. Last night’s episode garnered a 1.1 rating and 3.32 million viewers, which is down 15% from its last new episode’s 1.3 rating.
- The series premiere of The CW’s Cult was met with a muted response, as the episode netted a 0.3 rating and 940,000 viewers. For comparison’s sake, that’s down from the now-cancelled Emily Owens, M.D.’s 0.4 rating for its series finale a few weeks ago.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Tuesday, February 19th, including NCIS, The Mindy Project, The New Normal, and more.
- Raising Hope scored a 1.5 rating and 3.7 million viewers in the demo, which is down 6% from its last new episode’s 1.6 rating.
- Also down was New Girl, which hit a 2.2 rating and 4.36 million viewers for a drop of 15% from its last original episode’s 2.6 rating.
- New series The Mindy Project continues to struggle, garnering a 1.6 rating and 3.04 million viewers versus a 1.9 rating two weeks ago.
- The season premiere of a retooled Body of Proof tied its series low with a 1.2 rating and 6.66 million viewers. That’s down 45% from its last season premiere rating and 37% from its last season finale.
- NCIS was the highest-rated and most-watched program of the night by far, with a 3.5 rating and 20.93 million viewers. Even so, that’s a drop of 5% from its 3.7 rating two weeks ago.
- NCIS: Los Angeles scored a 2.7 rating and 16.34 million viewers for a drop of 13% from its last original episode’s 3.1 rating.
- New drama series Vegas garnered a 1.5 rating and 9.67 million viewers, even with its previous episode’s performance.
- A new episode of Go On notched a 1.1 rating and 3.32 million viewers, which is down 15% from its last new episode’s 1.3 rating.
- Also down was The New Normal, which garnered a 1.0 rating and 2.83 million viewers for a 9% drop from its last original episode’s 1.1 rating.
- The drama series Smash continues to plummet, as the second episode of the new season scored a series-low 0.9 rating and 3.29 million viewers. That’s down 25% from the season premiere’s 1.2 rating.
- Hart of Dixie hit a 0.5 rating and 1.37 million viewers, down 17% from its 0.6 rating two weeks ago.
- Cult premiered to a 0.3 rating and 940,000 viewers in its series debut, which is down from the series finale of the cancelled Emily Owens, M.D. which hit a 0.4 rating.