Tuesday’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- Apparently even hate-watchers get tired of watching Smash, as the second season premiere of NBC’s musical drama series absolutely flatlined with a series low 1.1 rating and 4.47 million viewers. That’s a 71% drop from the series premiere 3.8 rating and a 39% drop from last season’s finale rating of 1.8. A creative change behind the scenes took place to try to course-correct the show, but apparently fans just weren’t interested in coming back.
- Hot off last week’s much buzzed-about episode, another excellent installment of New Girl dipped a bit, hitting a 2.5 rating and 4.81 million viewers. That’s down 4% from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- On the other hand, Fox’s The Mindy Project saw a rise of 12% from last week’s 1.7 rating with a 1.9 rating and 3.6 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Tuesday, February 5th, including NCIS, Vegas, Hart of Dixie, and more.
- Raising Hope saw a drop of 6% from last week’s 1.7 rating with a 1.6 rating and 4.6 million viewers.
- Last night’s New Girl garnered a 2.5 rating in the demo and 4.81 million viewers, dropping 4% from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- New series The Mindy Project notched a 1.9 rating and 3.6 million viewers, rising 12% from last week’s 1.7 rating.
- The two-hour season premiere of Smash scored a paltry 1.1 rating and 4.47 million viewers, which is down 39% from the season one finale’s 1.8 rating. The show was the lowest-rated program of the night next to The CW’s fare.
- On the flipside, NCIS scored big with a 3.7 rating and 21.49 million viewers, making it the most-watched and highest-rated program of the night. That’s down 3% from last week’s 3.8 rating.
- Sister series NCIS: Los Angeles hit a 3.1 rating and 16.57 million viewers, which is even with last week’s performance.
- Vegas continues to struggle, as last night’s episode hit a 1.6 rating and 10.22 million viewers for a drop of 16% from last week’s 1.9 rating.
- Hart of Dixie saw a rise with a 0.6 rating and 1.44 million viewers, up 20% from last week’s 0.5 rating.
- The series finale of Emily Owens M.D. notched a 0.4 rating and 1.49 million viewers, even with last week.