Thursday evening’s TV ratings are in, and it’s season finales galore. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The emotional series finale of The Office scored a 3.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and 5.7 million viewers, which is up from last week’s 2.3 rating and marks the highest-rated episode of the show since January of 2012.
- The season finale of CBS’ The Big Bang Theory, however, topped the night with a 4.4 rating and 14.78 million viewers. That’s down half a ratings point from last week’s 4.9 rating but even with last year’s finale rating of 4.4. The episode was the most watched program of the night, besting even the season finale of American Idol.
- Another season finale on CBS, that of Elementary, was up a tenth from last week’s series low with a 2.0 rating and 8.93 million viewers for the two-hour episode.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Thursday, May 16th, including Hannibal, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, and more.
- NBC’s evening festivities kicked off with a one hour The Office retrospective special, which earned a 2.0 rating and 4.37 million viewers.
- The series finale of The Office hit a 3.0 rating and 5.7 million viewers, marking the show’s best performance since January of 2012.
- A new episode of Hannibal—arguably the best of an excellent season thus far—hit a 1.0 rating and 2.4 million viewers, which is down a tenth from last week’s 1.1 rating.
- Grey’s Anatomy scored a 3.0 rating and 8.63 million viewers for its season finale, which is down a tenth from last week’s 3.1 rating.
- The season finale of Scandal garnered a 3.2 rating and 9.1 million viewers, even with last week’s series high 3.2 rating. This caps off an incredibly successful first season for the new Shonda Rhimes show.
- The season finale of The Big Bang Theory notched a 4.4 rating and 14.78 million viewers, down half a ratings point from last week’s 4.9 rating. Nevertheless, the performance was even with last year’s season finale 4.4 rating and bodes well for next year. This show is really just inexplicably unstoppable.
- The two-hour season one finale of the swell new series Elementary hit a 2.0 rating and 8.93 million viewers, ticking up a tenth from last week’s 1.9 rating, which was a series low.
- Over at The CW, the season finale of The Vampire Diaries matched last week’s 1.0 rating and scored 2.2 million viewers but was down from last year’s finale rating of 1.2.
- The finale of Beauty and the Beast was also even with last week, notching a 0.5 rating and 1.34 million viewers.