Sunday’s TV ratings are in, and it was a big, big night for zombies. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- AMC’s season three premiere of The Walking Dead drew 10.9 million viewers, shattering the previous record of 7.3 million viewers for the season two premiere. That also makes the third season premiere the show’s most-watched episode to date, besting the season two finale’s 9 million viewers, and stands as the most watched drama series episode in basic cable history.
- ABC’s hit fantasy series Once Upon a Time took another drop, garnering a 3.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and 9.1 million viewers. That’s down 12% from last week’s 3.4 rating.
- On the other hand, ABC’s popular soap Revenge saw an uptick with a 2.7 rating and 8.2 million viewers. That’s up from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- The CBS drama The Mentalist, which has been struggling in its Sunday timeslot, finally saw a gain as this week’s episode scored a 2.0 rating and 10.6 million viewers. That’s a rise from last week’s series low of 1.6
Hit the jump for the full TV ratings report for Sunday, October 15th.
- Though it’s not exactly unexpected, a hell of a lot of people tuned in for the season three premiere of The Walking Dead last night. The zombie kill-heavy episode netted 10.3 million viewers total, making it the most watched episode of the series to date. Moreover, the episode now stands as the biggest audience for a drama series in basic cable history. As such, expect AMC to announce a season four pick-up any day now. If you missed it, be sure to check out our recap of the season premiere right here.
- Once Upon a Time netted a 3.0 rating in the demo and 9.1 million viewers, down 12% from last week’s 3.4 rating but steady in total viewers.
- Revenge hit a 2.7 rating and 8.2 million viewers, up 4% from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- New series 666 Park Avenue was down again, garnering a 1.5 rating and 4.9 million viewers. That’s down 12% from last week’s 1.7 rating as the series struggles to find a solid audience.
- Sunday drama The Good Wife earned a 2.7 rating and 8.2 million viewers, which is even with last week’s episode.
- Drama The Mentalist, which has been struggling a bit this season, was up 25% to a 2.0 rating and 10.6 million viewers.
As always, leave your thoughts in the comments below. Were you one of the 10 million who tuned in to The Walking Dead? What did everyone think of the episode?