Thursday night’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- Thanks to a guest starring turn by Miley Cyrus, CBS comedy Two and a Half Men hit a season high with a 4.0 rating and 13.6 million viewers. That’s up 14% from last week’s 3.5 rating.
- NBC comedy Up All Night scored a big gain, earning a 1.4 rating and 3.2 million viewers. That’s up a whopping 27% from last week’s 1.1 rating.
- CBS’ other big Thursday comedy The Big Bang Theory was also up, earning a 4.7 rating and 15.4 million viewers making it the highest rated and most watched show of the night.
- Sadly, a top-notch episode of NBC’s Parks and Recreation was down 16% from last week with a 1.6 rating and 3.4 million viewers, tying its series low.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report from Thursday, October 18th, including Elementary, Last Resort, Beauty and the Beast, The Vampire Diaries, 30 Rock, and more.
- This week’s episode of 30 Rock was steady with last week, garnering a 1.3 rating and 3.3 million viewers.
- Up All Night saw a big gain from last week’s low numbers, as the show netted a 1.4 rating and 3.2 million viewers. That’s up 27% from last week’s 1.4.
- It looks as if The Office is going out with a whimper, as this week’s episode of the comedy’s final season hit a series-low 2.0 rating and 4.3 million viewers. That’s down 16% from it’s last new episode.
- It was bad news for almost all of NBC’s comedies, as Parks and Recreation also scored some record-tying low numbers. Though the show is still riding high creatively, this week’s episode scored a 1.6 rating and 3.4 million viewers, tying its series low rating and down 16% from last week’s 1.9.
- New series Last Resort finally stopped hemorrhaging viewers, as this week’s episode was up 6% with a 1.7 rating and 7.3 million viewers versus last week’s 1.6 rating.
- Grey’s Anatomy was down 13% with a 3.3 rating and 9.5 million viewers against last week’s 3.8 rating.
- The other Shonda Rhimes soap of the night, Scandal, was even with its last new episode for a 2.0 rating and 6.4 million viewers.
- Miley Cyrus dropped by Two and a Half Men to give the show its best numbers of the season, scoring a 4.0 rating and 13.6 million viewers. That’s up 14% from last week’s 3.5 rating.
- Also up was The Big Bang Theory, which garnered a 4.7 rating and 15.4 million viewers for a very stark contrast to NBC’s comedy line-up.
- Person of Interest was down a tad with a 2.8 rating and 13.8 million viewers. That’s a drop of 7% from its last new episode’s 3.0 rating.
- New series Elementary was also down slightly, earning a 2.3 rating and 10.8 million viewers. That’s down 8% from its last original episode’s 2.5 rating.
- Over at The CW, The Vampire Diaries earned a 1.2 rating and 2.7 million viewers for a drop of 25% from last week’s 1.6 rating.
- Also down significantly was new series Beauty and the Beast, which scored a 0.7 rating and 2.03 million viewers. That’s a whopping 42% down from last week’s 1.2 rating for the series premiere.