The numbers for Thursday evening’s programming are in, and The CW had yet another very good night. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- Coming off of very strong premiere numbers for Arrow, The CW’s other new series, Beauty and the Beast, premiered solid as well, scoring a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.8 million viewers.
- Other good news for The CW comes in the form of the season premiere for fan-favorite series The Vampire Diaries. The show returned with a 1.6 rating and 3.2 million viewers, up from last year’s 1.5 premiere rating.
- Over at CBS, The Big Bang Theory dipped a bit from its very high numbers last week, earning a 4.5 rating and 14.2 million viewers, down from last week’s 4.9 rating.
- ABC’s quality new series Last Resort hemorrhaged viewers yet again, earning a 1.6 rating and 6.9 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Thursday, October 11th, including 30 Rock, Up All Night, Two and a Half Men, the Vice Presidential debate, and more.
- This Thursday’s second episode of 30 Rock’s final season was down a tad from the season premiere, scoring a 1.3 rating and 3.4 million viewers versus last week’s 1.4. Shame on those who didn’t tune in for Bryan Cranston goodness.
- Also down was Up All Night, which garnered a 1.1 rating in the demo and 2.9 million viewers, down quite a bit from last week’s 1.4 rating.
- It doesn’t look good for ABC’s new submarine thriller Last Resort, as the show earned a 1.6 rating in the demo and 6.9 million viewers. That’s down again from last week’s 1.9 rating, and if the series doesn’t stop the ratings decline then it could be in danger of cancellation fairly soon. The show does bring in a strong male viewership—something ABC is desperately looking for—so I feel like the network will give it a littler long to catch on.
- Ratings juggernaut The Big Bang Theory was down from last week but still ridiculously high compared to other networks’ programming, as the episode scored a 4.5 rating and 14.2 million viewers. That’s down a tad from last week’s 4.9 rating.
- Two and a Half Men hit a 3.5 rating and 11.4 million viewers, down a hair from last week’s 3.6 rating.
- The CW is having an excellent premiere week thus far, as new series Beauty and the Beast scored a 1.2 rating and 2.8 million viewers for its pilot episode.
- Also scoring big was the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries, which hit a 1.6 rating and 3.2 million total viewers. That’s up from last year’s 1.5 premiere rating.
Vice Presidential Debate
- A total of 51.4 million viewers tuned in to last night’s feisty Vice Presidential Debate, down 18.5 million viewers from 2008.