Wednesday night’s TV ratings are in, and it’s not pretty. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- NBC’s comedy series Whitney kicked off its second season last night with a 1.4 rating and 4.23 million viewers for a drop of 13% from its season one finale rating of 1.6. That matches the show’s series low performance and is even with Animal Practice’s Wednesday launch numbers, the now-cancelled series that Whitney replaced.
- It appears that last week’s high numbers for the NBC drama Chicago Fire were short-lived, as it was back to business as usual this week with a 1.6 rating and 5.7 million viewers. That’s a drop of 27% from last week’s 2.2 rating.
- ABC’s drama Nashville also dropped despite the fact that it recently received a full season pick-up, as last night’s episode drew a 1.8 rating and 5.9 million viewers. That’s down 10% from last week’s 2.0 rating.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Wednesday, November 14th, including CSI, Modern Family, Supernatural, Arrow, and more.
- ABC comedy The Middle was down 7% from last week’s 2.7 rating with a 2.5 in the demo and 8.74 million viewrs.
- New comedy The Neighbors hit a 1.9 rating and 6.74 million viewers, dropping 10% from last week’s 2.1 rating.
- Modern Family was once again the highest-rated show of the night with a 4.6 rating and 11.9 million viewers, though it dropped 4% from last week’s 4.8 rating.
- Sophomore series Suburgatory tied its season low with a 2.4 rating and 7.2 million viewers, dropping 17% from last week’s 2.9 rating.
- New drama series Nashville dropped 10% from last week’s 2.0 rating for a 1.8 and 5.9 million viewers, matching its series low rating.
- NBC chose to use Whitney as its replacement for the cancelled comedy Animal Practice instead of Community, and the much-derided series didn’t exactly fare so well. The second season kicked off with a 1.4 rating and 4.23 million viewers, dropping 13% from its season one finale rating of 1.6 and matching its series low. More interestingly, however, is the fact that its ratings are on par with the performance of Animal Practice’s debut in the same timeslot.
- Guys with Kids scored a 1.3 rating and 3.8 million viewers, matching its series low performance from its last new episode.
- Long-running drama series Law & Order: SVU tied its series low with a 1.6 rating and 5.7 million viewers, down 6% from its last new episode’s 1.7 rating.
- Chicago Fire saw a healthy rise last week thanks to it’s The Voice lead-in, but dropped back down this week without the singing competition series to boost its numbers. Last night’s episode hit a 1.6 rating and 5.72 million viewers, dropping 27% from last week’s 2.2 rating.
- Criminal Minds hit a 3.0 rating and 12.13 million viewers matching last week’s performance and making it the most-watched show of the night.
- CSI was up 4% from last week’s 2.3 rating with a 2.4 and 10.81 million viewers.
- Over at The CW, Arrow garnered a 1.2 rating and 3.8 million viewers, down a tad from last week’s 1.3 rating
- Supernatural tied its season high with a 1.0 rating and 2.3 million viewers as it continues its strong performance.