With Roland Emmerich’s period drama Anonymous opening this weekend, I recently got to speak with two of the stars, Rhys Ifans and Jamie Campbell Bower. While Emmerich is known for his big-budget disaster movies like 2012 and Independence Day, Anonymous is quite a departure, as the story centers on a conspiracy to cover up the true author of William Shakespeare’s plays. There are no monsters or aliens. Instead, Emmerich has made a really entertaining political thriller wrapped in a conspiracy theory that also stars David Thewlis, Joely Richardson, Rafe Spall, Xavier Samuel and Vanessa Redgrave. Here are some clips and the trailer.
During a very fun and relaxed interview, Ifans and Campbell Bower talked about video games, karaoke, whether or not Shakespeare really wrote his plays, 3D, and Ifans talks about what fans can look forward to in The Amazing Spider-Man and Campbell Bower talks about Twilight and Mortal Instruments. Hit the jump to watch.
Rhys Ifans and Jamie Campbell Bower
- What’s their karaoke songs
- What’s the last video game they’ve played
- Do they think Shakespeare really wrote the plays and the sonnets
- Ifans talks about what fans can look forward to in Spider-Man and Campbell Bower talks about Twilight and Mortal Instruments
- What are their thoughts on 3D