Shortly before taking the WonderCon stage yesterday to promote their tornadic thriller Into the Storm, I landed an exclusive video interview with Richard Armitage and Max Deacon on the red carpet. Directed by Steven Quale (Final Destination 5), Into the Storm aims to take audiences directly into the storm of the century when it opens August 8th. The film also stars Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Nathan Kress, Jeremy Sumpter, Kyle Davis, Jon Reep, and Scott Lawrence. For more on the film, read our recap of the panel.
During the interview Armitage and Deacon talked about who they play, the tornado sequences, practical effects, bone structure, and more. In addition, Armitage revealed he’s yet to see any footage from The Hobbit: There and Back Again and how he’s recording his ADR this summer. Hit the jump to watch.
Richard Armitage and Max Deacon:
- They talk about the practical effects.
- While they were filming people kept finding incredible real life weather events which they’d watch on YouTube.
- Armitage talks about one of the tornado sequences.
- They talk about the characters they play.
- Armitage says he hasn’t seen any footage from the final Hobbit movie and that he’s doing ADR this summer. He’s excited to see the battle of the five armies.