While some had issues with Ridley Scott’s Prometheus (I thought it was great), I’ve never heard a bad word about the visual effects. At last night’s VES Awards (visual effects), I got to speak with Prometheus Visual Effects Supervisor Richard Stammers. We talked about collaborating with Ridley Scott, which shot was the hardest to get right, the mixed reaction to the movie, and more. In addition, Stammers talked about what visual effects work he’s doing on Scott’s next film The Counselor, and revealed he’s working on Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past. Of course, I asked if he’s started developing Sentinels. Hit the jump for what he had to say.
Richard Stammers Time Index:
- :13 Talks collaborating with Ridley Scott on Prometheus.
- :54 What was the hardest shot to get right? Talks about creating the Engineer holograms.
- 1:53 Talks about the mixed reaction to the movie.
- 2:26 What has he been working on since Prometheus? Talks about Ridley Scott’s The Counselor.
- 3:13 Has he talked to Scott about a Prometheus sequel or the new Blade Runner?
- 3:28 Says he’s currently working on X-Men: Days of Future Past. Steve asks him if he’s started developing Sentinels.
- 4:16 Talks about his enthusiasm for working on X-Men.
For more VES Red Carpet Interviews:
- Wally Pfister Talks TRANSCENDENCE, Possibly Filming in IMAX, Being Open to Digital Cameras, Spoilers, Casting Johnny Depp, and More
- Ang Lee Talks LIFE OF PI, the Believability of a Computer-Generated Tiger, and More at the VES Awards
- Visual Effects Supervisor Bill Westenhofer and Animation Director Erik De Boer Talk LIFE OF PI at the VES Awards
- Director Mark Andrews and Producer Katherine Sarafian Talk BRAVE, What They Learned Through the Production Process, and More at the VES Awards