21 Jump Street is going to surprise you. Not only is it one of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a long time, it’s got some great action and awesome performances from all involved. If you had told me that the pairing of Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum would be comedy gold, I would have never believed you. But it is. Also, another big surprise was Ice Cube. I’ve seen the film twice and both times he brings the house down with his almost everything he says. Trust me, you want to see 21 Jump Street and I’d advise seeing it with a crowded theater. It’s a blast. For more on the film, here’s Matt’s glowing review, Brendan’s set visit, a five-minute red band clip, and all our coverage on directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller‘s awesome movie.
Last week I got to speak with Rob Riggle in New York City about the film (he plays one of the teachers at the High School). During the interview we talked about how he got cast, the table reads, how things changed a long the way, karaoke, his favorite director, actor and movie, and the importance of just going for it in a comedy. Hit the jump for more.
- What’s his favorite director, actor and movie
- What’s his karaoke song
- How did he get involved in 21 Jump Street
- How did things change from the table read to what is finally getting released
- The importance of fully committing to karaoke
- How many table reads did they do
- The importance of being willing to just got for it in a comedy