With Stargate Universe returning with new episodes on Tuesday, September 28 on Syfy, I was invited – along with a few other online journalists – to visit the Vancouver set a few weeks ago. While on set I got to see a number of the SGU soundstages, interview the entire cast, and I was also able to check out the new Bridge set that was built for season two. As a big fan of SGU, it was very cool to see the Destiny ship up close and also interview everyone who brings the show to life.
Over the past few days I’ve been posting some of the interviews I did on set (David Blue and Elyse Levesque, producer Brad Wright) and now it’s time for Robert Carlyle. During the very revealing interview, Carlyle was very open about what’s coming up on show. If you’re a fan of SGU, I think you’ll really enjoy hearing what he had to say. Hit the jump for more:
Finally, I got to see the season premiere of Stargate Universe season 2 yesterday and thought it was great. While some premieres struggle to wrap up the previous season’s storylines, SGU managed to do a great job wrapping up where the show left off while also introducing a lot of cool elements for season 2. I’m very confident if you’re a fan of SGU you’ll love the premiere. Again, it airs Tuesday, September 28th on Syfy.
And with that…I hope you enjoy what Robert Carlyle had to say. Look for another SGU interview later tonight or early tomorrow.
- Did he enjoy this summer’s Comic-Con
- :45 – What got him into doing Stargate Universe
- 2:40 – What was it about Dr. Nicholas Rush that made him think I could play him for a number of years
- 4:30 – How big of a role does his wife play in season 2. Reveals that Rush has found the Bridge between season 1 and 2 and told no one
- 6:40 – Is Rush still a mysterious character in season 2 or has more been revealed
- 8:30 – Talks about the parts he likes to play
- 9:35 – How is it for him to maintain the energy all the time and is he looking forward to the hiatus.
- 10:45 – What was it like to act against himself as there is an upcoming episode with two Rush’s
- 12:00 – The challenges of directing an episode of SGU and did he do anything special
- 13:30 – He talks about the very special shot he did in his episode
- 14:30 – Has he watched the previous Stargate shows and has he studied the mythology of Stargate
- 15:10 – Talks about a 12 page dialogue scene coming up later in season 2
- 15:45 – How many takes did they do for the 12 page scene
- 16:35 – How much green screen work does he have to do and does he enjoy working with it
- 18:00 – Is he thinking about shooting something else during his next hiatus or is he going to take the time off