With Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For due out this August, you’d think the duo might want to take some time off before moving on to the next installment. Nope. It looks like, just as they’re wrapping up post-production and effects work on the sequel, they’re already looking ahead to Sin City 3.
Starring Josh Brolin, Eva Green, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dennis Haysbert, Christopher Meloni, Jeremy Piven, Ray Liotta, Juno Temple, Stacy Keach, and Julia Garner, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For opens August 22, 2014. Hit the jump to see what Rodriguez and Miller had to say.
In a recent interview on SiriusXM’s “Ron and Fez Show” (via The InterroBang), Rodriguez made the following comment:
“Yeah—the second Sin City– I was just here with Frank Miller last night and we were watching it last night,” Rodriguez told Bennington. “[We] finished the cut, effects are being done, it will come out in August.”
He continued, “He [Miller] watched Part 2—he watched it last night with me and then at the end he said, he didn’t have any comments, he was very happy with it. And he said, now about part three…. Started telling me how he’s going to do part three. So he’s already there on part three.”
It doesn’t really come as a surprise that Miller, the creator of the series, already has ideas about where to take the third installment. It does bode well, however, that the creator is still jazzed enough with the work they’ve done so far to want to continue with the series. We’ll see how crowds react to the sequel when Sin City: A Dame to Kill For bows late this summer.