Last weekend I attended the Los Angeles press junket for “Star Trek”. Starting today, I will be posting a ton of video and print interviews from the junket. Get ready.
But before getting to all the “Star Trek” stuff, I wanted to post what Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman said about their show “Fringe”. Also, because I got so much time with these guys, I wanted to break it all up so it would be easier to watch.
So like I said when I posted what Leonard Nimoy told me about his character on “Fringe”….
If you’re not watching “Fringe” on Tuesday night’s on Fox, you’re missing out on one of TV’s best shows. Since the first episode, the show has gotten better and better.
While I hate comparing a show to another…remember when “The X-Files” was on and everyone thought it was so amazing, “Fringe” blows it out of the water. Unlike “The X-Files”, which took weeks away from answering mythology questions, “Fringe” is able to wrap each week’s episode with new and original storylines that tie the greater mysteries together. Again, it’s a show you should really watch.
So when I finally started talking to Roberto and Alex about the show, I asked them how the season has been going, if we’re going to be getting a 2nd season, how they felt when “American Idol” ran long and ruined a GREAT ending, and more.
If you’re a fan of “Fringe”, you’ll like this interview a lot so take a look:
Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman
· I start off by saying I thought the pilot was only okay, but the show has gotten great. How hard has it been to figure it out as the first season has been going on.
· They talk about trying to find the balance of the show and the mythology
· I bring up the episode that got cut off by American Idol and how the last 30 seconds were the most important part
· What is the status of the 2nd season – is anything known yet
· The interview will fade into another part and in a cut scene I asked their plans for Comic-Con. So after the fade in I ask if the observer will be at Comic-Con