Now playing in theaters is director Patrick Hughes’ The Expendables 3. Like I said on Twitter, The Expendables 3 is a lot of fun and my favorite of the series due in large part to Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes and Antonio Banderas. All three are awesome and Banderas steals every scene he’s in. In addition to the new cast, The Expendables 3 has a crazy third act that’s easily the best action scene of the franchise. I think the team kills over a thousand people. It shows once again how the MPAA doesn’t care about violence when giving out ratings. Only in America can a film like this get a PG-13.
The other day I landed an exclusive video interview with Ronda Rousey and Wesley Snipes. They talked about the specific challenges of the action scenes, designing the fight sequences with the stunt coordinator, the camaraderie on set among the large cast, being able to get a PG-13 rating, filming in Bulgaria, future projects, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Ronda Rousey and Wesley Snipes
- 0:19 – Were they surprised that they were able to secure a PG-13 rating?
- 1:30 – What was it like filming in Bulgaria?
- 3:07 – Snipes and Rousey talk about the specific challenges of the action scenes.
- 4:25 – What was it like designing the fight sequences with the stunt coordinator?
- 6:11 – They talk about the camaraderie among the large cast. Rousey couldn’t hang out a lot because she was prepping for a fight. Snipes jokes that he should have done the same thing.
- 8:10 – Rousey has a few projects coming up that she can’t talk about yet.
- 8:30 – Snipes says he has some announcements coming “later on.”