At the premiere of A Nightmare on Elm Street, I managed to get some time with Rooney Mara. Since I’ve recently spoke to her at the Los Angeles press junket and at WonderCon for Nightmare, I decided to use my limited time on the carpet to talk about her next film: David Fincher’s The Social Network.
Written by Aaron Sorkin,the film is about the origins of Facebook. Mara plays the one who breaks up with Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg) and that inspires him to start the site. During the interview she talks about her character, what it was like to work for Fincher, and how much time did she spend picking out her dress. Hit the jump to check out the interview:
- How much did she debate what she was going to wear
- Social Network talk – what was it like to work for David Fincher
- I ask about how many takes Fincher made her do – she says 50 to 100!
- She talks about who she plays
- Does she use Facebook
- What is it like for her to walk the carpet