Trance, the new film from Danny Boyle, opens in limited release this weekend. The hypnotic crime thriller stars James McAvoy as Simon, an art auctioneer who engineers a heist, but develops amnesia and forgets where he stashed the goods. His criminal partner, Franck (Vincent Cassel), is none too happy with this, and resorts to hiring Elizabeth (Rosario Dawson), a hypnotist who attempts to help Simon recover his memory. For more on the film, here’s the red band trailer, some posters, and everything else we’ve posted on the movie.
At the film’s Los Angeles press day, I landed a video interview with Rosario Dawson. We talked about how she got involved in Trance, her reaction to reading the script, what it will take for her to be in a big comic book movie, Sin City 2, how she’s developing her comic book O.C.T.: Occult Crimes Taskforce into a show with Walking Dead producer Gale Anne Hurd, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- What’s the last good comic book/graphic novel she’s read
- What will it take for her to be in a big comic book movie
- Talks about filming Sin City 2
- Talks about how she got involved in Trance. Talks about her reaction to the script
- What is she getting ready to do later this year. Talks about producing and how she’s developing her comic book O.C.T.: Occult Crimes Taskforce into a show with Gale Anne Hurd