With director Shawn Levy’s The Internship opening this weekend, 20th Century Fox recently held a press junket at Google where we were able to speak with the cast. If you’re not familiar with The Internship, the film re-teams Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn as two out-of-work salesmen who attempt to reinvent themselves by competing against young up-and-comers for an internship at Google. The film also stars Rose Byrne, Max Minghella, Dylan O’Brien, Josh Gad, B.J. Novak, and John Goodman. For more on the film, watch these clips.
During our interview with Rose Byrne, she talked about finding the right tone, whether she was upset that she didn’t get to play Quidditch in the movie, how she prepared to play a really smart Google employee, what she learned about the company that really surprised her, whether she did any takes with raunchier dialogue, auditioning, and more. In addition, she also talked about Derek Cianfrance‘s The Place Beyond the Pines and Nicholas Stoller‘s Townies. She confirmed what Dave Franco recently told us about the abundance of male nudity in the latter film. Hit the jump to watch.
If you missed our video interview with Vaughn and Wilson, click here.
- How was she presented with the project and the tone
- Was she upset that she didn’t play Quidditch in the movie
- Does she still have to audition for a role and does she enjoy the auditioning process
- How did she prepare to play a really smart Google employee
- What did she learn about Google that really surprised her
- How did the project change during the development process
- Did she do any takes with raunchier dialogue
- Talks about Townies and the abundance of male nudity. Also what it’s about.
- Talks about her work in The Place Beyond the Pines