Opening this weekend is the action film Brick Mansions. The movie is a remake of District B13 and stars Paul Walker as an undercover detective tracking down a drug dealer (RZA) who has stolen a weapon of mass destruction. The chase leads into the ghetto known as “Brick Mansions”, where he enlists help from Lino (David Belle), who knows the streets better than anyone and isn’t afraid of the drug dealers. The film was written by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen (Taken). For more on Brick Mansions watch the trailer.
At the recent Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with RZA. He talked about how he got involved in the movie, meeting Besson, how he likes to work as an actor, if he was sad not to have more scenes with Belle, what it meant to play Blind Master in G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Is he sad he didn’t have more scenes with David Belle?
- Talks about how he got involved in the movie.
- Talks about his meeting with Luc Besson and being a raptor.
- How does he like to work as an actor especially with his experience as a writer-director.
- What did it mean to play Blind Master in G.I. Joe: Retaliation?