Airing Sunday nights on WGN America is Salem, the network’s first venture into original programing. Staring Shane West, Janet Montgomery, Ashley Madekwe, Seth Gabel, Xander Berkeley, Iddo Goldberg, Tazmin Merchant and Elise Eberle, Salem travels back to 17th Century Colonial Massachusetts for an alternate look at one of the darkest chapters in American history, approaching the infamous era from the point of view that witches were not only real, but manipulating the gruesome events of the trials to their will.
I recently had the opportunity to visit the set in Shreveport, Louisiana where the town of Salem has been meticulously reconstructed from the ground up. While I was there I sat down for an exclusive video interview with Seth Gabel and Ashley Madekwe. They talked about who they play in the show, what attracted them to the script, working on the impressively vast sets, what episodes they’re most excited for people to see, which scenes were most fun for them to shoot, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, click here for more Salem video interview.
Seth Gabel and Ashley Madekwe:
- They talk about who they play in the show.
- Did they research the actual events of Salem?
- What did they like about the script when they first read it?
- They talk about working on the amazing sets.
- Is there a particular episode they’re most excited for people to see?
- Gabel teases some Evil Dead style action in episode six.
- Will their characters interact at some point?