At tonight’s Saturn Awards here in Los Angeles I had the chance to talk to Sam Raimi on the red carpet. While he’s been rumored to be doing Oz as his next project, when I spoke to him, all he wanted to talk about was World of Warcraft. From the way he spoke, the man is really into the game and it sounded like that’s the project he really wants to do as his next film. I also asked him about the rumors that he could be directing The Hobbit. He seemed to think those were just online rumors and nothing more.
Since I have so much to post, for more info you should watch the interview after the jump. I’ve time indexed the entire interview so you can read the questions. For fans of the World of Warcraft game, make sure to watch his answer six minutes in. You’ll love it. Also, make sure to check back for a ton of other red carpet interviews. I have so many it’s crazy.
- How has the last few months been for him. Says he has been reading scripts and working on a treatment for the World of Warcraft
- :35 Does he pay attention to the online rumors about what he is attached to
- 1:00 – Lots of talk that he might do The Hobbit.
- 1:25 – What will be his next film. Says he has read the script Oz. Not sure he will do the film
- 2:00 – World of Warcraft. What most excites him as a filmmaker – talks about the monsters, landscapes, performing spells.
- 2:45 – Does the film take place in the real world or just in the game. Says they have a 40 page treatment for the film
- 3:30 – Why is video game to film such a tough transition
- 4:15 – he really knows his characters
- 4:40 – Will the movie just take place in the World of Warcraft or will people be in the real world. Says it is ALL in the World of Warcraft
- 5:40 – How does he decide what he wants to do as his next project. Says he LOVES playing the game.
- 6:00 – Has he ever sat and played the game from morning to night. Tells a great story about his characters and the game. Fans are going to love what he says.
- 6:50 – Is the studio enthusiastic about the movie. Says it’s Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros.
- 7:30 – Does he have other projects he is thinking about or is it just WOW and OZ?
- 8:15 – Will he make another film like Drag Me to Hell or is he done with that genre